If you read this blog, then you know by now that I am a huge Tony Robbins fan. I just finished his book Awaken The Giant Within, and it literally changed my life. There were so many powerful lessons contained in the book, but the one that I’ve felt most compelled to share with my friends is the daily ritual of asking yourself empowering questions to quickly change your outlook on things. At the end of the day, it’s not what is going on around you, but the way that you choose to interpret these things that will affect how we ulitmately feel about them. It’s easy to get into a negative place in your head when you become overwhelmed with a problem or a bad situation, but having the ability to reframe things can really get you into a more positive place so that you can start taking action and making changes for the better. These questions will help you to shift your focus from the negative to the positive – and you learn quickly that whatever you focus on is ultimately how you feel! So here is the fastest way to improve your outlook on problems and life (thank you Tony):
5 Problem Solving Questions
1. What is great about this problem?
2. What is not perfect yet about this situation (the yet reassures your subconscious that things will be perfect)
3. What am I willing to do to make things the way I want them?
4. What am I willing to no longer do to make things the way I want them?
5. How can I enjoy the process while I make things the way that I want them?
The second group of questions will help guide you to be in the right frame of mind every day. Putting yourself in a positive state is completely possible – so why not start your day feeling grateful and happy instead of dreading going to work? Answer these questions and really think about how they make you feel.
Morning Power Questions
1. What am I happy about in my life right now?
2. What am I excited about in my life right now?
3. What am I proud about in my life now?
4. What am I grateful about?
5. What am I enjoying most in my life?
6. What am I committed to in my life?
7. Who do I love? Who loves me?
Evening Power Questions
1. What have I been given today? In what ways have I been a giver?
2. What did I learn today?
3. How has today added to the quality of my life or how can I use today as an investment in my future?
Tony stresses that successful people ask better questions, and therefore they get better answers that empower them to produce the results that they want in their lives. Instead of asking “Why can’t I ever succeed?”, successful people will ask “How can I use this problem? How can I learn from this situation?” If you’re feeling down, it’s possible that you’re deleting all of the reasons you could be feeling good – but remember, whatever you look for you will find. Start asking yourself questions that empower you and make you feel good, and see how quickly a positive attitude leads to a positive (and more successful) life.